Last Updated and Effective: October 01, 2021
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information that you provide directly to us, including when you register for or post a press release, when a company, organization or individual authorizes you to manage its account or use our Services on its behalf; and/or when you subscribe to a newsletter, provide feedback about our Services or contact us with questions or comments about a Service.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of our Services
We collect certain technical information using cookies and other tracking mechanisms to help us operate and provide our Services to you. This information includes, without limitation:
- Information about the systems and device(s) you use to access our Services, including MAC address, IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device type, and device identifiers;
- Information about your visits to our Sites, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from the Sites (including date and time);
- Information to facilitate your use of our Services (including to provide access to third-party websites and services), such as URL requests, destination IP addresses, or device configuration details; and
- Pages you view or search for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), your engagement with certain variable/dynamic elements of a page and methods used to browse away from the page.
If you decline to have us collect such information for example, by disabling cookies, we may not be able to provide our Services to you.
Third-Party Information Collection
Our Services may contain links to third-party websites and services, including those of social media platforms, partner networks and advertisers. Please note that these websites and services may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies of any third parties. If you chose to access any websites or services linked from our Services, please check the applicable policies before you use or submit any personal information to such website or service.
Third parties unaffiliated with us may also collect information about you, including tracking your browsing history, when you use our Services. We do not have control over these third-party collection practices and advise you to adjust the settings of your browsers or install plug-ins and add-ins if you wish to minimize these third party collections.
How Your Information May Be Used
We may use any information we collect, including personal information and technical information, as described to you at the time of collection, for the following purposes:
- Providing, Maintaining and Improving our Services. Operating and improving our Services (e.g., administration, troubleshooting, managing account access, protecting security); evaluating our Services; developing new features, products, or services; and for other customer service and support purposes.
- Legal Compliance. Complying with laws, regulations and requests from law enforcement or other governmental entities; carrying out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts; and using as evidence in litigation.
- Tailoring Content. Personalizing the information and content we display to you, including marketing, promotional and sponsored content and advertising within the Services.
- Protecting Rights and Interests. Protecting the safety, rights or property of PR Station or any third party; investigating, preventing or otherwise addressing activity that PR Station, in its sole discretion, may consider to be or pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally questionable activity.
- Research and Analytics. Researching and analyzing how you interact with our Services, including to monitor usage and activity trends and for statistical purposes; creating reports for customers that may include both aggregate trends and the organizations that are viewing their releases, or accessing our Services or customer websites or otherwise using our Services; and measuring or understanding the effectiveness of content, communications, Website visits, web traffic, our Services, or advertising we or our customers serve to you and other customers like you, and to deliver relevant advertising to you and other customers like you.
- Marketing and Communications. Contacting you directly about your use of an account or Service for which you are registered; providing you with information about products or services, from us or third parties that may interest you; serving advertisements to you; and responding to your requests, feedback or questions.
- Electronic Newsletters. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email, User may contact us via our Site or they can turn off the appropriate notifications setting within their user panel. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to PR Station, and we have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against theft or misuse. Unfortunately, no system can guarantee complete security of your information. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information from unauthorized third parties, PR Station cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information. Thus, your use of the Services and communications with us is at your own risk. You are responsible for protecting your username(s) and password(s) and for the security of information that you transmit to us over the internet.
How Your Information May Be Shared
We will not sell your personal information or share your personal information with third parties for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes.
We may share any information, including personal information as follows:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates, including any future subsidiaries or affiliates;
- With our service providers and sub-contractors to the extent reasonably necessary to enable us provide our Services (e.g., we use a third-party platform for email and cannot communicate with you without disclosing your email address to our third-party email provider);
- With a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of any of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, including during planning or negotiations of such sale or transfer;
- With a third party with whom we must legally share information about you;
- With the company or organization you represent upon their request;
- With you or other third parties with your express consent;
- To comply with any court order, valid subpoena, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To protect our assets or rights, including for billing and collection purposes;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PR Station, our customers or others, including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- With any other entity disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also share aggregate or anonymous data for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
Cookies & Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Browser Cookies. A browser cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. That cookie then communicates with servers, ours or those of other companies that we authorize to collect data for us, and allows recognition of your device. You may use the tools available on your computer or other device to set your browser to refuse or disable all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. However, if you refuse or disable all browser cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Websites or use certain features or functionality of our Services.
- Web Beacons. Our Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, pixel tags, tracking pixels and single-pixel GIFs) that permit us to, for example, count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other website-related statistics. Web beacons in email marketing campaigns, press releases or other types of communications or content allow us to track your responses and your interests in our content, offerings and web pages. We may use web beacons and/or other tracking technologies to collect information about you when you interact with our Services, e-mails, press releases or other types of communications or content, including information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
Ways to Control your Data
- Opting out of marketing communications. You may receive certain promotional or informational communications from us. Where required by law, promotional communications will be sent only with your consent. You can opt out of promotional emails at any time by following the instructions at the bottom of the e-mails. Please note that certain emails may be necessary for the operation of our Services. You may, however, continue to receive these emails relating to your account or our Services, if appropriate, even if you unsubscribe from our optional communications.
- Opting out of telemarketing. Where required by law, you will be contacted via telemarketing only with your consent. You may opt out of our direct telemarketing contacts by requesting us to remove you from our direct telemarketing list. Please note that opting out from our direct telemarketing contacts does not limit us from contacting you for other purposes, including those contacts that are reasonably necessary to provide you with our Services. If you decide to opt out of our direct telemarketing contacts, allow a reasonable time for us to process your request and do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, if you encounter any problems with your request.
- Accessing, updating or deleting your personal information. We value the accuracy of the information we have about you. You may access, update or delete your information (or in some cases object to its processing) at any time by following directions available on the registration page for the applicable Service, in some cases from within the User Panel or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.